Friday, August 19, 2005

Random Thoughts

Commercials with louder volume than the program don’t fool me. When was the last time you bought something because you saw the commercial? Which is less likely to work: a car commercial or one for a feminine hygiene product? I try to make it a point to never buy anything with an obnoxious commercial. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Can you think of a better host for “Wild On” than Tara Reid?

People who voted for Bush still think he’s doing a good job. Just thought you needed to know that you’re surrounded by staggering ignorance wherever you go.

Next year I get to celebrate my first Father’s Day and that’s a fucking fantastic thing.

I miss Dave Chappelle.

How many of the world’s redheads have orange hair?

Pocket Jacks are not nearly as good as you think they are.

A few thoughts on technology: 1) I, for one, am really glad we don’t have flying cars, 2) What are the odds that the first realistic robot will be a sex toy? 3) Yes, I love technology, though not as much as you you see, but I still love technology.

I know steak doesn’t digest and that it just rots in the colon. I still don’t care.

Reading up on the BTK killer; are there any serial killers that don’t go through some elaborate rituals to relive their crimes?

Pretty sure that Earth is the Arkansas of the universe.

I love beer. Beer is great. As Ben Franklin once said, “Beer is proof that God loves us.”

I wish my Christopher Walken impression was better.

The Aristocrats is very, very funny.

“Fuck” isn’t really as offensive as it used to be until you travel outside NYC. Cunt is still offensive everywhere, which makes it a great word.

You know where Jesus would be if he came around today? Bellevue.

I wish weed didn’t make you hungry.

Time travel is never going to happen. Why does this make me so disappointed?

“Increased security measures” don’t make you any safer. You know who had really awesome security measures? Germans. The NKVD did a wonderful job in the Soviet Union. Freedom means that some people are going to do stupid things and that might fuck up other folks just going about their business. It also means that people get to have their own opinions and beliefs. If someone with a giant flag stuck to their truck tells you you’re a “freedom hater,” rest assured it meant the exact opposite.


Speaking of cars, putting on a sticker on the back doesn’t mean you support the armed forces. Actually getting them out of the way of bullets and explosives seems a trifle more supportive if you ask me

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Next year I get to celebrate my first Father’s Day and that’s a fucking fantastic thing."

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!
YAY for Poppa!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home